Want to keep connected? Consider dancing. This activity is one in which we move our bodies in rhythm with each other, connecting physically as well as emotionally. It feels so good to move in time together. You may be thinking, well . . . I don’t know how to dance. So this won’t work for me. There is an answer, Dance Lessons.
Why you might want to consider Dance Lessons?
- It is an activity that you both can do together.
- It is an activity in which you are engaging fully with each other.
- It is a message to each other that you want to be up close and personal with your partner or spouse.
- It feels good to accomplish a new skill together.
- It is fun!
Some things to consider as a “beginner”
- Keep in mind that everyone starts at some point in their history not knowing anything. So it is ok not to know what you are doing. None of us do in the beginning.
- Consider a variety of options: Community Education Intro Classes through the Public Schools, Group or Individual Lessons at a Private Dance Studio or by a Private Dance Instructor.
- Find an instructor that is positive and a fit for you.
- Start with one kind of dance and get comfortable with it before starting with more.
- The more you practice the better you get. On the other hand if you can only devote to one class a week, enjoy the time you do have.
- Have fun with this. Laugh at your mistakes and keep it light. And keep on going. No one cares about your mistakes.
- Know that it will take time to learn to dance. It is a process, so enjoy the journey.
As someone who has worn beginner’s dance shoes, I would just say “Hang In There”. It feels so good as things begin to click into place and you begin to feel you can really dance.
Hope you will consider this wonderful couple’s activity. You are never too old to learn. It is well worth your time and energy!
thank you for the article but all i wanna know is that what kind of dance is it? the name, is it waltz? or i don’t know, i search the whole internet but i just still don’t know what kind of dance is that!