Not really sure what it is you need to be happy or feel at peace. You might try to access your wisdom from your “future self”. I recently had gotten away from doing my regular meditation. In doing so, I decided to try a new guided meditation. This one was through Hayhouse’s Meditation Mondays series. So I checked out “Reclaim Your Energy Guided Meditation with Lissa Rankin – Monday Meditation. You can find this on youtube.com This is where I came up with my own version of your “future self”. I have used a similar concept in the past. It was a nice reminder of how one might access more of their inner wisdom.
Your Future Self – Tapping Into Your Inner Wisdom
Your “future self” is how you see yourself in the future if things are going the way you would want them to go. You would be doing what you want and living the way you want to live, being with those that make you happy, etc. This is your brighter, how you want your life to be self. In Dr. Rankin’s meditation she uses your future self in 5 years. But you could choose another span of time if it makes more sense to you.
- Find a quite spot to sit by yourself and relax. Take some deep breaths and relax your body.
- First of all imagine your brighter, “future self”. See yourself in detail noting all the things that are going the way you want them to. Take some time. Let it soak in, how all of this feels. Consider what others might be saying to you. Check out your environment. Where are you? Who are you with? What are you doing? Revealing in what you so desire.
- See your NOW self going to meet your FUTURE SELF. Let them sit and talk a bit.
- Ask your “future self” anything that you would like to know. See what they have to say. Remember they are living in place that you see as a way you would want to live. For example you might ask: “How can I find more time to care for myself? How did you do it?” OR “How do I heal my relationship with my teenage son?” OR “How can I feel less overwhelmed all the time?”
- Take in this WISDOM into your “now” self and let it find a special place within you to access when you are ready to use it.
Good luck in your meeting with your “future self”.