Are there things you want in your relationship with your spouse or maybe with your child ? It may be you want more communication or more affection or time together. Regardless of what you want, you can use this simple, easy strategy to begin to get more of what you want. I am talking about using the powerful combination of Morning Gratitude and Intention. Here is the basic foundation of starting a Daily Morning Gratitude and Intention Practice.
1. Upon waking in the morning, before you get out of bed, think about what you are grateful for. In this case, as we are talking about your relationship, make sure to include what you are thankful for in regard to your relationship. Be specific as you think about what you like that is going on in your relationship and how you appreciate these things.
2. Then think about what you want in your relationship. Maybe it is for more communication with your spouse or maybe it is more hugs between the two of you, etc.
3. After you decide what you want then tell yourself what you want to have happen in PRESENT tense. This speeds the process.
Example: “I am communicating more with _____________. I see us talking and connecting.”
Example: “I am spending more time with ___________. We are enjoying this time together.”
4. BELIEVE the intentions you have created.
5. Feel how good this will feel and visualize this happening.
6. Give thanks for what you foresee happening.
This is a wonderful way to start your day. The more you do of this, the more it will work. We can set the tone and momentum for good things to happen in our relationships. We have more control that we think. Enjoy this creative wonderful process as you start your day!