I discovered Guthrie Green this spring. Guthrie Green is in downtown Tulsa, located in the Brady Arts District. It is a full square block between Brady and Cameron Streets and Boston and Cincinnati Ave. This is a real Tulsa treasure choked full of wonderful events every day of the week. It opened in the fall of 2012. So still a fairly new Tulsa park. I would suggest you check this out as a couple or as a family.
I am listing some of the wide variety of activities that Guthrie Green offers to give you a general idea of the treats that are there.
- Sunday Market (locally grown produce, gourmet food trucks, homemade soaps, hand crafted jewelry, etc.) 10:00 am – 4:00 pm, April to October
- Fitness on the Green (FREE)
Mondays – Tai Chi 5:30 pm
Tuesdays – Boot Camp 5:30 pm
Wednesdays – Family Yoga 10:30 am and Lululeman’s Community Yoga 6:00 pm
Thursdays Boot camp 5:30 pm
Fridays – Walking 4:00 pm
Saturday – Mommy & Me Yoga Class 10:00 am
- Special Community Fitness Events (FREE)
- Concerts, Films and Plays (FREE)
- Lucky’s on the Green (serving lunch and dinner during park hours)
- Woody Guthrie Center (across the street from Guthrie Green)
- Food Truck Wednesdays (live music, amazing food trucks and fresh air picnic, every Wednesdays from 11:30 – 1:30)
- Water Fountain Feature for Children’s Play
For more detailed information and their calendar of events go to www.guthriegreen.com .
Potential Fun Couple’s Date Night: Performance of Shakespeare Play “Much Ado About Nothing”
There are too many events to list, but I wanted to note for a fun couple’s night out you might want to consider a Shakespeare in the Park event that is occurring June 11-June 16 from 8:30 – 10:30 pm with a 7:30 pre show. Much Ado About Nothing is being preformed. This is a fun romantic comedy. The pre-show will be 40’s music and swing dance.
I hope you will be able to take advantage of this wonderful new Tulsa arts and entertainment park. It has much to offer. Have fun!